TOP Smart Nutrition founded by Irina G. Strogach, MBA, MS, RD, CDN, Registered Dietitian and Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist, who has been practicing clinical nutrition and dietetics since 1996 in hospital and outpatient settings, in private practices, and as а public health official. Her academic knowledge and practical expertise spans from pediatrics to geriatrics, and she has in-depth clinical experience in treating patients with following diseases and conditions:
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, Gout
- Weight management, Metabolic Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), chronic fatigue syndrome
- Gastrointestinal disorders (IBS, Celiac Disease, GERD, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Short gut, Liver failure, Constipation, Low FODMAP diet, CDED diet)
- Food Allergies / Intolerances, EOE
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Pediatric nutrition
- Sport nutrition
- Oncology of GI tract
- Nutritional support (enteral tube feeding, parenteral nutrition)
- General nutrition concerns
Irina graduated from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, majoring in clinical nutrition and dietetics. She completed the Didactic Program in Dietetics and earned her M.S. in health and nutrition at Brooklyn College, and she also completed certificate programs in pediatric nutrition, breastfeeding counseling, nutritional epidemiology, and group therapy for dietitians. She is an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly known as the American Dietetic Association).
An accomplished educator and health advocate, Irina has directed dietetic internship courses at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. As a course director at the World Health Organization (WHO), she lectured medical doctors from Eastern European countries on breastfeeding, women’s health, and pediatric nutrition. Currently, Irina is an adjunct professor at the City University of New York, where she teaches human nutrition courses to nutrition and pre-med students.
In addition to her private practice and academic pursuits, Irina is an administrative dietitian at the Pediatric Gastroenterology division at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center, where she provides medical inpatient and outpatient nutrition therapy for children with complex gastrointestinal disorders.